Posts Categorized / Men
Please make your players aware of this Draw and they will be available at the courts.
Thanks Dawn on behalf of the Junior Committee
Final Round and Finals
IMP NOTICE !! We now have 4 teams so you will be playing 1 full game a night.
NB- Full games with 4 x 10 min quarters, 1 min @ each quarter-time and 3 mins at half time
4.50pm- PacMan v Falcons
5.40pm- Vikings v New Team
4.50pm- New Team v Falcons
5.40pm- Vikings v PacMan
4.50pm- PacMan v New Team
5.40pm- Vikingsv Falcons
7/9/15- Semi-Finals- all teams play
4.50pm- 1 v 4 – Winner to Grand Final and Loser to Runners up Final match
5.40pm- 2 v 3 – Winner to Grand Final and Loser to Runners up Final match
4.50pm- Runners up Final
5.40pm- Grand Final
Thanks Dawn on behalf of the Junior Committee
Also please be reminded that our Summer Comp 2015-16 schedules the Primary School Boys games on Saturday Mornings.
We will have more information on the website shortly
BBBA was incorporated last year at its Annual General Meeting. The second AGM of the members of the Association was held Thursday 16th July. Fourteen people attended and the meeting minutes will soon be able to found on BBBA website along with the annual report and the Profit and Loss statement.
Stephen Eakin and Lyn McCormick were reelected as Directors of the Board joining once again Nash Campbell, Dawn Ashdown and Tim Gotterson. The latter 3 members of the Board will step down next year to enable new nominations from the membership. These 3 members will be eligible to nominate once again. Board members are elected for 2 years apart from the inaugural year when two serve one year only. This ensures that there is the opportunity for members of the Association to step in bringing new ideas and new energy.
The meeting was short and informative. It was followed by an informal discussion covering a number of aspects of the Association. The Development and Marketing Committee became functional with Bret Madden and Samara Carney volunteering and they would welcome other members joining their efforts. The Funding, Sponsorship and Grants Committee now has Matt Ogle, Edith Benko, Brett Madden joining Jenny Ogle. Ben Hills proposed a working relationship between BBBA and Summerland Credit Union. This proposal will now be discussed within this group. Thank you Ben.
Once again thank you to all the members of committees who work hard with so much passion for basketball and its growth in the Shire and beyond. Each committee has designated roles and tasks and the members work in their areas of interest and expertise. Please consider which one you could join.
I say thank you again to the Board members Dawn, Stephen , Nash and Tim , who have worked well together in the past year, in their areas of expertise to promote the growth of BBBA for the benefit of members and their children.
On behalf of the Board of Directors
URGENT HELP WANTED: This is a call out to all Senior Players. We have been allocated the Charity of the Day to run the BBQ at BUNNINGS this Sunday 12th July,8am-4pm. We need 3 people per shift. Is there anyone out there who can Help out?? Leave a message here, or msg Jenny on 0421718155. I need to know by tomorrow afternoon, so I can tell Bunning’s we will do it, or cancel it. Thank you.
URGENT HELP WANTED: This is a call out to all Senior Players. We have been allocated the Charity of the Day to run the BBQ at BUNNINGS this Sunday 12th July,8am-4pm. We need 3 people per shift. Is there anyone out there who can Help out?? Leave a message here, or msg me Jenny Ogle on 0421718155. I need to know by tomorrow afternoon, so I can tell Bunning’s we will do it, or cancel it. Thank you.
Annual General Meeting or AGM
16th July 2015
6.30 – 7.30
Byron Services Club
All members of BBBA are invited to attend the AGM.
Quorum needed = 10
Please note: that Stephen Eakin and Lyn McCormick have stood down as directors of the Board. The Constitution requires that 2 members will stand down one year after election. They may nominate again. Each of these members is nominating again.
Please note: that there have been no other nominations submitted by deadline for nominations – 20th June 2015.
- Consideration of accounts
- Reports from the Board
- Election of Directors
Motions on Notice:
- That the statement of accounts of the Board is accepted
- That the above 2 nominations for the position of directors of the Board are accepted from 16th July 2015 the next AGM 2016 as per the Constitution
Stay on for shared supper.
Two Nominees as below
Nomination BBBA June 19th 2015
- I would like to continue on the Board of the BBBA because I have proven skills and ability in the financial area.
- I have many years of experience in the above.
- I have held a position on the Board 2014-2015 keeping the accounts of BBBA and informing and advising the Board in its financial decision making to ensure the financial health of the organisation.
- I hold a position on the FinanceCommittee
- I have worked with many of the committees of BBBA helping them develop budgets for this year, which will then inform their budgets for upcoming years.
Nomination BBBA June 19th 2015
- I would like to continue on the Board of the BBBA because I have some skills and ability in communication, leadership, constitutions and drafting documents which have helped this organisation on its way into the next stage of its journey – from the pioneering stage to a much more complex and differentiated organisation.
- I have skills in conflict resolution, due process and in drafting and developing policies and procedures
- I have held a position on the Board 2014-2015 facilitating the drawing up of role and committee descriptions and networking re these and the website. I have created a Board newsletter, and drafted documents and correspondence on behalf of the Board.
- I hold a position on the Grievance Committee
Click images for further info
Attention all Members
Byron Bay Basketball Association
Notice of Annual General Meeting
16th July 2015 at Byron Services Club 6.30 – 7.30
Light refreshments available after the meeting.
Click here for further information and agenda discussion items
Director nominations Form
Byron Services Club
7.30 – 9.00 pm Monday 22nd of June
BBBA referees, coaches, Board members and other Volunteers Induction Program
Anyone engaged in any capacity with children (those under 18)
The BBBA Board has adopted new policies in the areas of Work Health Safety and Child Protection as well as codes of conduct for coaches, players, referees, and parents, guardians and spectators. These bring the BBBA up to date with requirements for NSW sporting clubs. The Board has an obligation to provide induction, while employees and volunteers have an obligation to familiarise themselves with the new policies and codes.
7.30 pm Welcome and Introduction
- Sign in and package for each participant
- Use of files in Referees’ room
7.45 pm BBBA WHS Policy and Procedures
- First Aid
- Injury and Incidents report forms and procedures
- Risk Assessments
8.00 pm Practical activity
8.30 pm BBBA Child Protection Policy and procedures
- Working with children checks
8.45 pm Questions and Feedback
9.00 pm Close
Byron Basketball Junior Winter Competition 2015. (School Terms 2 & Term 3, 2015)
- Primary School Girls, Saturday AM (commencing 2/5/15)
- Primary School Boys, Monday PM (commencing 20/4/15)
- High School Girls, Saturday AM (commencing 2/5/15)- Early matches
- Junior High Boys-Intermediate (yrs 7 & 8 only), Monday Pool (commencing 20/4/15)
- Junior High Boys (yrs 7, 8 & 9), Wednesday Pool (commencing 22/4/15)
- Senior High Boys (yrs 10, 11 & 12) Wednesday’s (commencing 22/4/15), also;
- Senior High Boys/ B-Men- Thursdays (commencing 23/4/15)
NB- Snr. High Boys can play in both Wed. & Thurs. Competitions
Nominations; To nominate your team fill in the ‘Team Nomination Form’ form found on the website and send to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are unable to complete this form let us know of your team’s interest to be included in the Draw and the paperwork will be done on the night.
Nominations to be in by 28/3/15 to ensure a match in the first week.
Game Fees; $110.00 per player for the season (= approx $6.50 per game)
Fees MUST BE PAID BY WEEK 3 – By 9/5/15. Or players will not be able to take the court.
Please let us know if you need further financial considerations.
Duty Teams: Each team is required to provide 1 adult to attend the scoring bench for their game. Also each team is requested to provide 1 individual for refereeing an alternative game (not compulsory).
Byron Basketball is currently endeavoring to supply 2 Badge Referees for each match, but we ask players and parents to be patient with this developmental process.
Individuals Looking for Teams: Just turn up at Muster times if you are looking for a team
All Girls; 10am- Sat. 2/5/15
All Boys; 5.30pm- Monday(20/4/15) or Wednesday(22/4/15)
Registrations: For all new players and those renewing their Registration/Insurance fees, these fees are unchanged at;
$85.00 if over 18yrs by 31/12/15
$70.00 if over 12yrs and under 18yrs by 31/12/15
$55.00 if under 12yrs by 31/12/15
All these payments can be paid at the courts, or by Electronic Funds Transfer.
If Cheque – made out to Byron Bay Basketball
If paying by Electronic Transfer- Account Name; Byron Bay Basketball Association
– Account BSB: 062514
– Account Number; 10160409
– Reference= Team Name/Player Name
For any further inquiries please e-mail email@example.com or refer to our website www.byronbasketball.com
Also please inform us if you are looking for further players
for your team or have extra players who need spots as we do receive inquiries from interested players!!
Thanks Byron Bay Basketball