Please read the below message before you download the Junior Team Nom Form 2016
The new Junior Team nomination form is to be filled in with the view to:
- Noting that each team must ensure score table duty is done along with door duty to collect the fees. And that the team contact joins the Junior Committee and attends Committee meetings of which there are approximately 4 per year. Score bench duty, Door Duty and Committee Membership are compulsory to strengthen the Junior Competition.
- A nominated Court control person is encouraged, (there will be induction and support – you don’t have to play basketball, or know the rules just get a WWCC. Very easy on line and a visit to RTA. The Board will fund First Aid Course.
- Nominate for Junior Competition or Junior Development Committees, or the Referee Committee, Fundraising Committee – these need new blood. The Junior Development Committee is busier than every before, meeting the developmental needs of the Rep Teams in North Coast Shield, Country Championships and NJL. Email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I will forward you relevant contacts and information.
- Supporting your over 12 child to train as a referee or have a go yourself!
Early in the next competition there will be a number of courses offered by Debbie Keirs BNSW: Details will be available soon.
- Scorebench course
- Beginners’ Referee Course – also doubling as a Train the Trainer Course, enabling Level 1 referees to train or refresh to offer Level 0 courses here and at other associations.
- Conflict Workshop (useful for players, court controllers and referees)
First Aid will be paid for by the Association if you are a member of the Association and volunteering in a role – you organise your course and pay, hand in your receipt in to be reimbursed. Send your request to email@example.com
The association is big and takes an enormous amount of energy and effort to keep rolling on. A ‘very few very busy with own lives, families and work people’ do a great deal, in fact too much. It is sustainable for them in the short term but not in the long term. Many of them are in their long term.
Some committee members have expressed their need to withdraw from some committees, we need to think about replacing them, so they can focus on other committees more relevant to their interests and skills. .
The Association is growing; it is a fantastic association offering so much in development, mentoring and leadership. This needs to be matched by volunteer strength to remain viable and strong.
As always many thanks, Lyn
On behalf of the Board of BBBA