Byron Beez Basketball Association
Notice of Annual General Meeting
17th June 2016 at Byron Services Club 6.30 – 7.30
Light refreshments available after the meeting
Thank you to everyone involved in making the BBBA a successful and enthusiastic association. We thank the players, the coaches, the referees, and the parents who bring their children and young people regularly to the events organised by BBBA. We thank you wholeheartedly for your enthusiasm and volunteer work for Byron Beez Basketball Association. As always we thank the members who have continued on or joined the committees. The committees are settling into the role descriptions and tasks and are developing pathways of communication with other committees, developing new directions or taken steps to address old issues.
Policies, procedures, revised codes of conduct; committee definition and budgets as well as an overall strategic plan have been completed and worked with by committee and Board members for over a year. This past year has been another big year of hard, productive and continuous work.
Now it is time for us to meet as members of the BBBA to conduct the Annual General Meeting. According to the current BBBA Constitution notice of the meeting needs to be given at least 21 days in advance.
The AGM will be held on the 17th June at Byron Services Club between 6.30 – 7.30
Election of Board Members
Adoption of financial report
Adoption of Board report
Nomination for Board
• Nominations for elected Director positions shall be called for at least 35 days prior to the AGM.
An interest or expertise in:
* strategic directions for development and marketing,
* grant applications
*working with Shire Councils or public
* Business Leadership
* Strategic Planning
* Income Generation
* Legal and Risk Management/ Mediation
*Website Development. Be a Board member while also being a Player, Referee or Coach from Representative, Junior and Senior Committees or simply an interested member or community member.
Please note: Nominees for elected Director positions must declare any position they hold in NSO or BNSW; Elected Directors cannot be bankrupt.
* A commitment to a Board meeting every month (sometimes every 2 months) is required as well as an intention to familiarize oneself with the BBBA Constitution, Vision, Mission and other supporting documents and codes of conduct. Nominees do not need to be members of BBBA.
Nominations must be:
* In writing
* On the prescribed form provided for that purpose, (see Nomination Form on website)
* Signed by two Individual Members,
* Certified by the nominee (who must become a Member within 60 days of being elected) expressing his/her willingness to accept the position for which he/she is nominated,
* Delivered to the Association at least 25 days before the date fixed for the AGM i.e. by the 20th May 2016
A list of the candidates names in alphabetical order with the proposers names shall be posted on the website at least 7 days immediately preceding the AGM.
Notices of Motion
Members entitled to vote may submit notices of motion for inclusion as special business at an AGM. All notices of motion must be submitted in writing to the Association no less than twenty five (25) days prior to the AGM (excluding receiving date and meeting date) i.e. by the 20th May 2016.
The prescribed nomination form is posted on the BBBA website. To be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or handed to any member of the Board as listed at the end of this letter.
The current BBBA Constitution is posted on the website along with the Vision, Mission and other supporting documents. The Board’s code of conduct for finances and governance is also posted on the website.
All documents pertaining to the BBBA AGM including the agenda will be posted on the website at least 21 days before the meeting.
We look forward to your attendance at this meeting. The meeting will close at the appointed time and a light supper will be available.
If after consulting the website you still have questions of clarity regarding these matters, please email
Lyn McCormick email@example.com
On behalf of the Board of Directors